Experienced Cross-Functional Engineer in EV Charging Infrastructure
Designing, deploying, and managing both infrastructure and teams across a diverse operational terrain has well prepared me to make a positive impact on any organization. Whether breaking ground on a forward operating base, or providing advanced technical training and management for highly specialized engineering support teams, I have always applied a data-driven engineering process to deliver optimized solutions to business needs.
EVgo Services, LLC (EVgo)
Senior Engineer EVSE Diagnostics, Remote (Houston, TX)
June 2022 - Present
- Work towards a unified and standard set of Diagnostics requirements for EVSEs
ABB, Inc. - E-Mobility Division / ABB E-Mobility, Inc.
Global Network Operations Center Manager, Delft, The Netherlands
Global Network Operations Center Manager, Remote (Houston, TX)
January 2020 – May 2022
- Lead end to end development of remote service software, and infrastructure, targeting embedded Linux, cloud bastion hosts, Linux VM scale sets, container services, and core business systems.
- Developed Python libraries and applications to facilitate secure serviceability of remote EV charging systems at scale by service engineers and pipelines.
- Definee process for network and service infrastructure migrations, fail-overs, and maintenance.
- Providee technical guidance for fault resolution in end to end service delivery for service and operations engineers, as well as production line technicians.
- Increased team availability and strength through new hires and functional cross-training.
ABB, Inc. - Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure
Remote Service Support Engineer, Remote (Houston, TX & Delft, The Netherlands)
September 2018 – January 2020
- Represented customer interests in internal management meetings to align development goals with customer requirements.
- Lead product improvements through Root Cause Analysis and detailed issue reporting to R&D.
- Provided data-driven solution paths to the appropriate R&D teams to reduce time to resolution of customer issues.
- Developed Python applicaitons to improve efficiency in data analysis, and fleet systems maintenance, across local and global service teams.
- Trained incoming support technicians in core Linux usage, data analysis techniques, and network troubleshooting techniques.
EVgo Services, LLC (EVgo)
Product Engineering Lead, Remote (Santa Monica, CA & Houston, TX)
February 2018 – August 2018
- Provided business leaders with technical guidance and feasibility reports for business initiatives based on an intimate working knowledge of EVgo network infrastructure at all levels from the physical connector to the backend system.
- Reviewed release of key industry documentation, or announcements, and updated business unit leadership on potential impacts, or use cases, related to current and future products.
- Validated internal product specifications against core technical requirements.
- Served as a technical reference for, or liaison between, EVgo and vendors executing product development.
- Supported IT and Operations staff with standards, documentation, and training initiatives to advance the technical knowledge base within the company.
- Represented company interests in OCPP, CharIn, and other technical committees.
Equipment Quality Engineer, Houston, TX
July 2015 – Februrary 2018
- Created, implemented, and managed Python data analysis tools to automate internal publishing of key performance indicators used in securing new business, and negotiating maintenance contracts.
- Developed and executed firmware testing and validation plans for Level 2 and Level 3 EVSEs that reduced the occurrence, and time to resolution, of customer and business impacting software errors by more than 50%
- Actively represented company interests within multiple industry technical committees in order to drive industry standards towards a unified customer experience.
- Presented technical findings and recommendations to business unit leaders to increase customer satisfaction.
Mechanical Design Engineer I, Houston, TX
May 2014 – May 2015
- Supervised the teardown, inspection, and rebuild of riser pull-in equipment for Shell Coulomb P2.
- Validated design calculations, material selection, and geometric tolerances in the development of an active winch wire management system deployed on a 500kip winch.
- Led product design through system model development, stress analysis, material selection, detailed drafting, quality assurance, prototype assembly, and validation testing of a custom 7in pin drill that increased worker safety, and reduced costs, in sea fastening operations.
- Developed conductor string motion restraint systems, on site, during offshore platform decommissioning in the Gulf of Mexico preventing major delays and saving the company more than $5M.
Mechanical Engineering Intern, Houston, TX
September 2012 - May 2014
- Designed, tested, and deployed fueling, jetting, and sheave cooling systems for the 2015 ASME BMEA award winning Versacutter.
- Developed and released hydraulic schematics for riser and umbilical pull-in winch packages.
- Conducted root cause analysis for failed system integration tests, and developed process improvements to reduce failure rates.
- Designed fluid power piping, in accordance with USCG requirements and ASME B31.1, for the claw winch deck of the company’s flagship heavy lift vessel, the VB 10,000. Submitted RFQs, placed material orders, verified MTRs, and supervised both installation and testing prior to USCG inspection.
- Tracked fabrication progress, coordinated system integration testing, and reported results to project management for the innovative Pertamina ONWJ Lima Remediation Project.
Bravo Company, 1st Battalion, 141st Infantry Regiment, Texas Army National Guard
Highest position held: Team Leader, Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO), Sergeant (E-5)
Period of service: August 2008 – October 2009
HHC, 3rd Heavy Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, United States Army
Highest position held: Brigade Tactical Operations Center Non-Commissioned Officer In Charge, Non-commissioned Officer (NCO), Sergeant (E-5)
Period of service: August 2003 – August 2008
Rust and Python Development, Cybersecurity, Linux System Administration, Systems Integration Testing, Machine Design, System Controls, 3D CAD/CAM, TCP/IP Networking, VPN, SQL, Container Orchestration, Configuration Management, DevSecOps, Cloud Systems (Azure, AWS, and GCP)
The University of Houston: Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, 2014